[Lnc-business] Vote for secretary and other items

James Lark jwl3s at virginia.edu
Wed Feb 20 11:48:27 EST 2013

Dear colleagues:

     I hope all is well with you.  I am writing to mention a few items
for your consideration.  I hope you find my comments worthy of your
attention.

1)  In a separate message I shall send my vote for secretary.  Allow me
to offer my thanks again to all who stepped forward to seek the
position.  As I suggested in a previous message, we had many excellent
candidates; in particular, each of those who received votes on the first
ballot is well-qualified for the position.

2)  I shall be busy for much of the afternoon with faculty matters. If
all goes as planned, I should be able to send you a message sometime
this evening to provide the results of the second ballot for secretary.

3)  As you may know, the sixth International Students For Liberty
Conference took place this past weekend in Washington, D.C.  The
conference was extremely successful; if I understand correctly, the
conference drew at least 1,400 attendees.  I had the pleasure of
attending the event (I am a member of the Board of Advisors of Students
For Liberty); in addition, I had the honor of giving an address during
the conference on the "nuts and bolts" of building libertarian campus
organizations.

     I am pleased to report that the LP sponsored a very nice
information table at the event.  Several people (in particular, Carla
Howell, Robert Kraus, Eric Dixon, Laura Delhomme, and Arvin Vohra)
contributed greatly to the success of our outreach effort.  I shall
provide more information about this outreach effort in my upcoming
campus organizing report.

     As always, thanks for your work for liberty.  I look forward to
seeing you at the Chicago meeting.

     Take care,
     Jim

     James W. Lark, III