[Lnc-business] Treasurer's Report

Joshua Katz joshua.katz at lp.org
Mon Sep 15 13:22:36 EDT 2014

I echo all of Dr. Lieberman's comments.  I favor the amendment, and I agree
with the Secretary's comments in support of her amendment.  I also agree
that preferably we'll hold this to its purpose - authorizing people to
speak for the party internationally, which is certainly what I as a
delegate understood the purpose, and that if we decide to spend money
(which I'll likely oppose) it should be in a specific way, for a specific
purpose, not us budgeting a lump of money, and certainly not directed
donations being used to present a message or engage in an activity which we
would vote to disallow given the opportunity.

I also agree with the issue raised that the text as written seems to create
an exception to the general prohibition on off-budget expenditures.

I would add that information can never hurt, and we pay $1,500/month for an
FEC consultant whether we make use of her or not.   I think we should ask
as many questions as we possibly can, as the Treasurer did here.

Joshua Katz

Joshua A. Katz

Region 8 (Region of Badassdom) Alternate
Libertarian National Committee

Chair, Libertarian Party of Connecticut