[Lnc-business] Previous Notice - have COC maintain convention archive

Alicia Mattson agmattson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 16:26:50 EST 2014

Though I haven't yet found all of the material I wanted for the convention
archive, I did find almost all of it.  During the past week, I loaded the
organized material into the staff wiki.  I will keep my eye out for sources
for the missing materials and add them if the opportunity arises.  There is
a lot of material missing for the 2008 convention because that was
contracted out to the convention host committee with its restrictions on
information sharing.  But the 2010, 2012, and 2014 materials are fairly
complete.

With that now being a functional archive that future convention planners
can reference, I want to increase the chances that it will be updated and
maintained in the future.  I want to task the Convention Oversight
Committee with updating that archive after each convention.

Attached is a policy change proposal I would like added to the agenda (10
minutes) for the December LNC meeting.  Adopting this motion would expand
the term of the Convention Oversight Committee so that it extends 90 days
after a convention, rather than ending at the close of the convention.
During that time, it tasks them with providing a final report to the LNC
and with updating the convention archive materials while that data is still
readily available.

-Alicia