[Lnc-business] Recent LP Facebook post - Our Continued Social Media Blunders

Alicia Mattson agmattson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 17:57:30 EST 2015

Mr. Sarwark wrote:  ..."anyone who tries to access the image from someone
who has already shared it will receive a "content unavailable" Facebook
error.  It will be very clear that we removed the image under pressure."

Receiving a "content unavailable" message is an acknowledgement that it was
a mistake for it to have been posted in the first place.  I think that's an
appropriate message for us to send.  I'd rather they receive that message
than for us to continue to stand behind the mistake by leaving it in place.

As many others have already expressed, this is not just about anyone's
opinions of Rand Paul and whether he is or isn't stumping for LP
candidates.  The meme inherently sends the message than his father, the man
that our delegates nominated for the 1988 LP presidential ticket, was
equivalent to the Bush duo and Bill Clinton.

-Alicia