[Lnc-business] Texas bill to reduce the number of third party candidates who make it onto the ballot

Wes Benedict Wes.Benedict at lp.org
Thu Apr 9 15:31:07 EDT 2015

The Republicans and Democrats are considered "primary nominating"
parties in Texas and pay filing fees that are intended to help cover the
cost of having the state run their primary elections, whereas parties
like the Libertarians are prohibited from participating in the
primaries, but hold conventions that are not tax-payer financed, and
therefore should not have to pay filing fees.

If this bill passes, it has the dual effect of helping Republicans and
also will help Dr. Lieberman's strategy of discouraging Libertarians
from running for most partisan offices in Texas that they have been
running for.

Wes Benedict, Executive Director
Libertarian National Committee, Inc.
*New address: 1444 Duke St., Alexandria, VA 22314*
(202) 333-0008 ext. 232, wes.benedict at lp.org
facebook.com/libertarians @LPNational
Join the Libertarian Party at: http://lp.org/membership