[Lnc-business] sustaining versus association benefits lapse date example

Alicia Mattson agmattson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 17:49:19 EDT 2015

To newer LNC members who haven't been through this discussion before, it
might not be immediately obvious why there is a benefits lapse date that is
completely separate from the sustaining membership lapse date.  We have
some donors who give more than $25 a year, but have not signed the
membership certification, so they can't be sustaining members.  They give
us money, though, so we provide them some benefits anyway, as described in
the policy manual.  It also defines how to manage the benefits for monthly
pledgers.  The association levels there apply to both member-donors and
non-member donors.

For more info on how the benefits lapse date works, see Policy Manual
Section 2.05.5, and also search for other instances of the phrase "benefits
lapse date" in other sections.

The benefits lapse date may be greater than or equal to the sustaining
membership lapse date, depending on various circumstances.

-Alicia