[Lnc-business] Possible funding for future ballot access lawsuits?

Scott L. scott73 at earthlink.net
Fri May 15 14:41:38 EDT 2015

"By the People: Rebuilding Liberty Without Permission"

http://www.amazon.com/By-People-Rebuilding-Liberty-Permission/dp/0385346514

>From the Spring 2015  Cato's Letter, which has an article by Mr. Murray
about the above book:

"The Madison Fund:  a private foundation that provides legal assistance to
ordinary Americans who are being victimized by the regulatory state.

The Madison Fund would have 3 goals:  First, it would defend people who are
innocent of the regulatory charges against them. Second, it would defend
people who are technically guilty of violating regulations that should not
exist, drawing out that litigation as much as possible, making enforcement
of the regulations more expensive to the regulatory agency than they're
worth, and reimbursing fines that are levied.  Third, it would generate as
much publicity as possible, both to raise the public's awareness to the
government's harassment of people like them, and to bring the pressure of
public opinion to bear on elected politicians and agency staffs."

Although the Libertarian Party is not, per se, "ordinary Americans", it sure
looks like improving ballot access for third parties could be done under

goal 2 above.

I hope our ED and Chair can keep this book "on file", and check every so
often to see if Mr. Murray has actually set up this organization.

   Scott Lieberman