[Lnc-business] Oklahoma petition drive

Marc Allan Feldman marc at openivo.com
Fri Jun 19 14:00:12 EDT 2015

It is not just about electoral votes.  There is a growing
dissatisfaction with the two-party system in Oklahoma.  Ballot access
is getting into the news more, and into the public consciousness.
Could this be why the Governor recently signed a bill making access a
bit easier?  Were the financial estimates based on the old or  new
signature criteria?

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-gov.-mary-fallin-signs-ballot-access-bill/article/5418863
Gov. Mary Fallin has signed a bill designed to make it easier for
third parties to get on the ballot in Oklahoma.
The new law, signed Tuesday, will reduce the number of signatures
required to get a third party on the ballot to at least 3 percent of
the total votes cast in the last general election for governor.
Currently 24,745 signatures would be required since 824,831 votes were
cast for governor in Oklahoma in 2014.