[Lnc-business] Housing alternative in DC

Roland Riemers riemers at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 13:13:51 EDT 2015

For those who have not made their reservations yet for the 18th,  I finally decided on Springhill Suites by Marriott Alexandria Old Town/Southwest.  Prices (without tax) is just $95/night.   Rooms look great.  Have free breakfast and free shuttle from airport and to local area.For possible agenda items, I would not mind putting some thinking time into the current presidential race,  and how we can take advantage of the division in the parties.  For example,  Hillary is the likely Democratic candidate,  but probably the worse possible president as she really showed as Secretary of State she is not suited for high office.  So,  how can we garner in the dissatisfied Democrats?   Should we get Gary Johnson or some other big named Libertarian to jump into the Democratic primaries to stir things up a bit?  Would it not be a delight to have a Libertarian leaning Republican running against a Libertarian leaning Democrat?   But even if the Democratic/Libertarian lost out (as expected) to Hillary,  it would leave with him/her enough name recognition to make a real viable Libertarian endorsed candidate?    Another thing we could discuss, is if Rand Paul should get the Republican  endorsement,  should we give up on have a Libertarian candidate and just endorse Rand?    What is more important to our principals,  having a President who represents our ideas,  or just having a candidate to help built up our party??????As for Sunday,  if nothing else happening,  I would not mind breaking out into small think groups to come up with ideas to increase our party. Does not have to be something official,  so those who need to go can go,  but just something to make constructive use of our time.Some type of educational workshop might be useful Sunday or even Saturday evening.   I know that while I enjoy DC sightseeing,  I have been there and done that before,  so I would not mind doing useful work for the party, even if it is just sweeping HQ floors.Roland of ND