[Lnc-business] Re. SD petition drive

Daniel Hayes danielehayes at icloud.com
Mon Aug 3 02:01:54 EDT 2015

While I appreciate the idea, it would not be proper for the National Party to pay petitioners bounties for people signing up as National Party dues paying members. To do so would not be fair to every other state in the country, especially those that don’t have to do ballot access petition drives.  I donate money to the National party..and I raise money for the National party. For Louisiana residents dues payments to go to fund and promote National Party membership in another state when we get little to nothing in this state would be the ultimate slap in our face. Its important to keep the National Party functioning as that is what binds all the affiliates together and for that reason we in the states that don’t need to do ballot access drives contribute our money.  Also,  National Membership from a state helps to determine its apportionment at the National Convention.  Any such drive like that would have to be run by solely by LPSD.  Additionally, if the petitioners became focused on this membership drive it might and probably would slow down the attempts to get signatures to get the Presidential candidate on the ballot.

Daniel Hayes
LNC Region 7 Alternate Representative