[Lnc-business] petitions

Roland Riemers riemers at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 09:28:35 EST 2016

Wes,  in regards to the petitions, it would appear that we already have a good handle on validating, and I do not believe we should spend a huge amount of effort doing the states work for them.   But,  one area I would have for caution, is to insure there are no mass fraudulent signatures put in by paid petitioners.  Although they have already been reviewed for that here,   I would suggest any petitioner who was not well known to us, and who collected more then a few pages,  be given a cautious look at to insure honesty.   I would not have much concern or waste time on petitioners with an established good record with us.  Another red flag might be a petitioner who when given a quick verification on some of his petitions,  came up with an unusually high or an unusually low verification rate.   I would think that if we spent a day on such a review, and it turned up nothing suspicious, that the state is not likely to find any fraud either.
Well, me and Paul are off again to hassle the voters.  Have a good day, and see you in February.
Roland Riemers ND