[Lnc-business] Screening Presidential candidates

Wes Benedict wes.benedict at lp.org
Tue Feb 9 12:11:08 EST 2016

Dan,

Just to be clear on the Presidential candidate listings, staff follows
the instructions of the chair and LNC. If the criteria is changed, we'll
try to follow the criteria. However, if you do change the criteria, I
hope you can find a way to do it that doesn't create a lot of busy work
for staff, the LNC, the candidates, or the state chairs. Requiring a
certain number of supporters to be listed, (e.g. chairs, members, LNC
members, etc. ) is the kind of busy work I'm hoping is avoided.

Conducting, for example, an approval voting process at the upcoming LNC
meeting, where those with more than 50% support by LNC get listed, would
not involve a lot of busy work. It's still objective criteria, just not
overly engineered and time-consuming, and amendable by email ballot
after the fact if necessary, such as if someone new files.

If a few were pulled off our current list, I don't think there'd be a
lot of comlaints. There'd be a lot of people happy about that. If, on
the other hand, most were removed and only a few remained, then you'd
probably see a lot of complaints.

Wes Benedict, Executive Director
Libertarian National Committee, Inc.
1444 Duke St., Alexandria, VA 22314