[Lnc-business] Chair's proposed agenda for July 17 LNC meeting

Alicia Mattson agmattson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:54:14 EDT 2016

I see on the agenda an item to repopulate the Convention Oversight
Committee, and I'm writing to express a dilemma on this subject.

On the one hand, under our policy, many committee appointments end with the
administration that appointed them.  However, the COC continues to serve
until 90 days following the convention because they are tasked with
updating some archive data after-the fact.  That part of our task isn't
complete yet.

If we re-populate the committee, on July 17, we might be kicking out the
people who actually have the info to do that job.

On the other hand, we should start the search for a 2020 convention site as
soon as possible once the 2016 details are wrapped up.  This term the 2018
selection process overran the busy season for the 2016 convention, and that
was sub-optimal.  The new COC needs to start that process earlier, and my
having mentioned that to the Chair is likely why it's on the agenda for
July.

It's just a question of when is the optimal time to transition people.  It
might be a little later than July...

-Alicia