[Lnc-business] Fwd: Judicial Committee adopts Rules of Appellate Procedure

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:22:31 EDT 2016

I am really pleased with these changes and the further transparency as
compared to the last set.

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/>

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Alicia Mattson <secretary at lp.org> wrote:

> Pursuant to LP Bylaws Article 8.3, the Judicial Committee has adopted new
> Rules of Appellate procedure.  See the attachments for the rules and the
> message below about them.
>
> That bylaw article provides that:
>
> "Within 90 days following the Regular Convention at which elected, the
> Judicial Committee shall establish Rules of Appellate Procedure to govern
> its consideration of matters within the scope of its jurisdiction. The
> existing Rules shall remain in effect until and unless the Judicial
> Committee submits new proposed rules to the National Committee for
> approval, which approval shall be deemed given unless denied by a 2/3 vote
> of the National Committee within 60 days of submission."
>
> LNC approval shall be deemed given unless denied by a 2/3 vote of the
> National Committee by September 10, 2016.
>
> -Alicia

Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>