[Lnc-business] [Lnc-votes] Dec Meeting

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 20:20:48 EDT 2016

Hi Starchild, I promised the members that I would get with them with the
actual costs once provided.  I also promised them I would view the LP
national offices meeting space to see if it is unsuitable as represented at
the post-convention meeting.

There comes a time when ROI is diminishing.  A space off site of hotel
increases expenses for transportation and makes it difficult even for the
public.  Increased staff time fiddling around is an expense.  Having a
meeting room at a hotel where the LNC members will be staying is just
common sense reasonable to me.  I agree that if the LP offices are
sufficient, we should have them there, but the other LNC members said it
was not.  I will see for myself.

I have seen no proof that what is being spent is extravagent.  The
facilities in Vegas were modest enough for the needs (a bit more room then
we needed) and the food was certain sparse... in fact, there was none left
when I got back from running to the bathroom, so we certainly didn't
over-order (and I was fine going without a meal, I eat like a bird anyways).

I just do not see a huge deal to be upset about in obtaining a conference
room at a hotel where guests and LNC members will be flying into.  For
Alexandria, I reserve judgment on our offices until I see them.  And if
there is not sufficient room for members to attend and be reasonably
comfortable, then it is unsuitable.  And if there is no elbow room at all
for the LNC, it will be unsuitable.  I happen to be very uncomfortable
having to be right up against other people for hours and that is no way for
us to be mentally focused to do the job at hand.  My mother's saying of
penny-wise and pound-foolish comes to mind.

I do, though, wish to see the expenditures, and promised the Region 1
members that I would provide that information to them. They also are very
eager to learn if the LP offices are suitable to meet.

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/>