[Lnc-business] September meeting, prior to asking for co-requestors

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 16:33:03 EDT 2016

I am full agreement with the Committee issue.  However, I have made it
clear I will vote against any Committee that doesn't have transparency
unless a specific exception is carved out OR transparency is voted down by
the LNC - while this issue is in the air, there are some members of this
committee besides me I suspect that will follow suit.  Since we do not have
these committees, and they are not likely to get passed via email, then a
meeting is in order.  I would be glad to have creation of those committees
on the agenda (we need these sooner rather than later) immediately after
the transparency consideration.

We need to empower committees, but we need policies in place beforehand,
and that requires the attention of this body.

And are you suggesting we ADD to the Policy Manual to have a few more
committees? I thought adding to the PM was verboten.

This is a critical year.  It is madness that we are not having a meeting
between then and now and allowing the purpose of empowering committees to
languish between these meetings.  I now see the utter mistake as well of
having only a one-day meeting last time.  I didn't realize how nearly
impossible it was to get anything done via email. I will not vote for a
one-day in person meeting again.

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/>