[Lnc-business] Motion to Suspend

Patrick McKnight patrick.joseph.mcknight at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:15:20 EDT 2016

On behalf of the request of members of my region I make a motion to suspend
the Nomination of Johnson and Weld. The message I received is below.

"On September 13th at the regular business meeting of the LP Seacoast, a
motion was made and passed to contact you regarding the presidential ballot
of Gary Johnson and Bill Weld. The motion asked that you make a motion to
the LNC to suspend the nomination of both Gary Johnson and Bill Weld as
they do not uphold the principles of the Libertarian Party as both have
openly made statements in support of the use of force. Both candidates
actively avoid using the word libertarian and have demonstrated time and
time again an inability to even grasp what it means to be libertarian. Per
Article 14, Section 5 of the LP bylaws, a candidate’s nomination may be
suspended by a 3/4 vote of the entire membership of the National Committee
at a meeting. We understand that this motion has a low probability of
success, but we’re asking you to show that there are some in the
Libertarian Party who still hold principle above party. Do you have the
principle to stand with those who voice opposition to those without
principles? Will you put forth an effort on behalf of principled
libertarians or will you willingly step back, swallow your principle and
pump the party line? Is this still the "Party of Principle?" Members of
your region are speaking out and the ball is in your court. We will
patiently await your response.

Brian McQuade
Chair, Libertarian Party of the Seacoast New Hampshire"

Would anyone like to co-sponsor this motion?

Thanks,
Patrick McKnight
Region 8 Rep