[Lnc-business] Thomas Simmons tv ad motion

Patrick McKnight patrick.joseph.mcknight at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:23:16 EDT 2016

On behalf of Thomas Simmons (LP candidate for Congress, MA) I make a motion
to allocate $12,000 for a television ad in support of his campaign.

>From Mr. Simmons:

"The station reaches all 727,000 residents of the 1st congressional
district of MA, along with some 50,000 in VT and 50,000 more in NY.

The District was reconfigured in 2013, and my opponent is a virtual unknown
in the Berkshire region (25% of the district) , which is all new.  He had
no opposition in 2014.  An unscientific poll by the Recorder newspaper
showed he had 0% name recognition in the new part of the district.  I NEED
TO GET MY NAME OUT to these people, because I may be the only name they
hear. When has a Libertarian Congressional candidate had TV ads? The size
of my district (largest in Mass) means that the media market is very
specifically targeted to my district. It will be distributed through the
cable stations (the only TV we get out here), so no matter what channel
people are watching, they will see it."

<goog_1311939377>
http://simmons4congress.com/

Would anyone like to cosponsor this motion?

Thanks,
Patrick McKnight
Region 8 Rep