[Lnc-business] Results of Doodle

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:41:26 EDT 2016

I agree and though I do not support the motion to suspend - it should be
heard.

I will join any request for a different meeting to address it because I
believe motions asked by members deserve a full hearing.  It is our job.
But I agree with the Chair it is out of order for this meeting.  Those
members wanting it should have seen this meeting discussion going and moved
faster.

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/>

On Friday, September 16, 2016, Nicholas Sarwark <chair at lp.org
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','chair at lp.org');>> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> The requested meeting time was 5:00 - 7:00 pm Pacific, which is 8:00 -
> 10:00 pm Eastern, on Sunday, September 25th.
>
> The requested agenda was:
>
> 5:00 - 5:05 Pacific:  Credentialing and housekeeping
> 5:05 - 6:05:  Amend Something Previously Adopted - Budget
> 6:05 - 6:25:  Populating Committees
> 6:25 - 6:45:  Transparency for Committees
> 6:45 - 7:00:  Public comment and announcements
>
> I'm fine with that as a proposed agenda, though I would note that
> voting will be very nearly over on the mail ballots for budget items
> that are pending, so that item may take a lot less time than was
> originally requested.
>
> I just booked my flight to attend the first Presidential debate (in
> the hall or outside not yet determined) and will be landing at
> LaGuardia at 5:20 pm Eastern on September 25.  If I can make it to
> where I am staying in advance of 8:00 pm, I will be able to attend and
> Chair the meeting.  If not, I'm sure that Mr. Vohra will be able to
> handle it.
>
> To address another issue that has come up, the request for discussion
> of suspension of the Presidential ticket appears to be out of order
> for a mail ballot and would be out of order for this meeting since it
> was not addressed in the initial request.
>
> If anyone wishes to appeal that ruling of the Chair and raise the
> issue during our meeting on September 25th, they should do so at the
> beginning of that meeting.  The better procedure would be for any
> supporters of that motion to cosponsor a request for a special meeting
> for that purpose.
>
> Yours in liberty,
> Nick
>
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Sam Goldstein
> <goldsteinatlarge at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There has been so much traffic on this meeting in several different
> threads
> > that I am confused.  I get
> > that the proposed date is Sept. 25th.  Was a time, duration and agenda
> (or
> > suggested agenda) set?
> >
> > Since this effort will set a precedent for a non-scheduled meeting called
> > for by a minority of the LNC membership,
> > I'd like to make sure we have a good idea of what we will be about before
> > committing my time.  Especially since
> > our Chair has stated that he cannot attend on that date.

> [...]

Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>