[Lnc-business] Results of Doodle

Ken Moellman ken.moellman at lpky.org
Fri Sep 16 16:40:36 EDT 2016

I agree with your assessment. But a regular quorum will still be
required to actually conduct business, based on my reading of the rules.

---
Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
LNC Region 3 Alternate Representative
LPKY Judicial Committee

On 2016-09-16 16:21, Joshua Katz wrote:

> I tried; that's what the Doodle poll was supposed to do. 6 people voted. Of those, 5 could attend on this date, and it was the unique most-voted date. I would have more information if voter turnout had been greater than (counting voting members) 33%. Obviously, it was unofficial and no one was obligated to vote - I have never understood why we spend so much energy tossing dates around on this list when we've known for centuries the value of aggregating that sort of data and displaying it visually.
>
> The proposed topics were posted with the original request. I then reposted them when I asked for more corequestors. I also proposed an agenda at that time: although the chair proposes the agenda, I think I can propose one to be proposed. The chair is free to modify it, naturally. The topics were:
>
> Amend Something Previously Adopted - Budget
> Population of Committees
> Committee Transparency
>
> There was a request to handle committee transparency before population of committees, opposite my proposed proposed agenda. The chair has the discretion to flip it, and the body of course has the ability to flip it at the meeting.
>
> This is, I'm pretty sure, the first time a videoconference has been called by a minority of the body (it's only the second time we've held one) but this isn't some weird loophole in the rules. It's what the rules explicitly authorize. Those rules, for the benefit of those who are new, came out of a committee recommendation last term. The rules also allow, as an aside, for cancellation or amendment of the agenda items.
>
> Joshua A. Katz
> Westbrook CT Planning Commission (L in R seat)
>
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Ken Moellman <ken.moellman at lpky.org> wrote:
>
> Can we find out who can attend this meeting?
>
> It sounds as though Region 3 will not be able to attend. Mr. Bittner has a packed schedule that weekend and cannot attend, and I fly for work early on Monday morning (Eastern Time) making a late conference call unreasonable.
>
> I believe that we have also heard that our Chairman would not be in attendance, as well.
>
> ---
> Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
> LNC Region 3 Alternate Representative
> LPKY Judicial Committee
>
> On 2016-09-15 23:45, Caryn Ann Harlos wrote:
> There are now six LNC members requesting this meeting (the 1/3 threshold is reached).
>
> Katz, Hayes, Harlos, Demarest, McKnight, and Hewitt.
>
> Will the Chair please set the meeting?
>
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 9:06 PM, hdigger2004 <hdigger2004 at aol.com> wrote:
>
> I also request the teleconference on Sept. 25th. Jeff Hewitt Region 4
>
> Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S(R) 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

>>> 5:05 - 6:05: Amend Something Previously Adopted - Budget
>>> 6:05 - 6:25: Populating Committees
>>> 6:25 - 6:45: Transparency for Committees
>>> 6:45 - 7:00: Public comment and announcements
>>>
>>> It is my hope that less time will be needed than this and that we'll end
>>> early.
>>>
>>> Joshua A. Katz
>>> Westbrook CT Planning Commission (L in R seat)

>> --
>> In Liberty,
>> Caryn Ann Harlos
>> Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
>> Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
>> Harlos at LP.org
>> Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
>> Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus

IN LIBERTY,
CARYN ANN HARLOS
Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska,
Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) -
Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado [2]
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus [3]

Links:
------
[2] http://www.lpcolorado.org
[3] http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org