[Lnc-business] Facebook Ad Motion

Alicia Mattson agmattson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 03:38:25 EDT 2016

I see a motion from Patrick McKnight and clear co-sponsors for an email
ballot from David Demarest and Daniel Hayes (thank you for the
clarification).

There are two other people that MIGHT be meaning to co-sponsor.  I'm not
just being a pain for my own amusement, but I do insist on clarity for
these things.

Ken wrote, "Assuming that such a campaign is not already under way, I would
second that motion."  I refuse to interpret conditions that someone places
on their co-sponsorships or votes such that I'm deciding if their terms
have been met and thus which side of the coin landed up.  Are you asking
for information back about whether we have a campaign in place already, and
if not then later you will co-sponsor?  Declarative statements with no
conditions are easy to understand, but conditions muddy the water.

Caryn Ann wrote, "I will support such a motion."  Are you saying you are
co-sponsoring for an email ballot right now, or as with other
budget-related issues on the table right now, do you prefer it be taken up
at an electronic meeting and will vote for it at that time?

Don't leave me guessing.

-Alicia