[Lnc-business] MOTION Re: National Party Agreement and Joint Fundraising Agreement were signed by me today

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 09:44:18 EDT 2016

Starchild, I co-sponsor your motion.

You articulated well misgivings I have in this whole thing.  I *never*
agreed at that Orlando meeting that this contract would be secret after
signing.  That was *not* part of the vote.  I feel completely hoodwinked by
this and feel it is completely unilateral and improper.

Now perhaps this secrecy was part of the contract - *I have to pass it to
see what is in it apparently.* Ironic.

I am still deciding whether to sign and any modifications I will make to
this adhesion contract.  But it is under objection and protest.

I had no issue agreeing to keep confidential until signed.  I believe that
was part of our Orlando vote.  I do not believe this further condition was
part of our vote - and if it was part of the negotiations - well bad on us
for ceding that power.

I will not make such a mistake again.

As is my practice - I will confer with members of my region about this
matter and whether I should sign or stick to my guns. I likely will sign
because without signing I don't even know what my guns are.  How very old
party of us.

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/>

On Saturday, September 17, 2016, Starchild <sfdreamer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> [...]
> as a party a *competitive advantage* over the establishment parties and
> their back-room deal-making which cannot stand the light of day.
>
> Love & Liberty,
>                                    ((( starchild )))
> At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
>                                 (415) 625-FREE
>

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 9:18 PM, Caryn Ann Harlos wrote:
>
> Yes that one.  It does not say anywhere I could speak with you for
> instance... and will there be a record of who signed it?  The levels of
> security and destruction of documents are not specficied Can we discuss
> over FB messenger?  There is no ending date.  It was sent to me with
> purpose blank.
>
> I am not going to waste any further time arguing over it.  I will sign it
> because I owe it to represent my Region - if it was just me affected I
> would refuse.  I am noting my protest to this adhesion contract.

> Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
> Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
> Harlos at LP.org
> Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
> <http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
> Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
> <http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/>
>

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Sam Goldstein <
> goldsteinatlarge at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','goldsteinatlarge at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> This one?  What specifically?
>>

>> Sam
>>
>> Sam Goldstein
>> Libertarian National Committee
>> Member at Large
>> 8925 N Meridian St, Ste 101
>> Indianapolis IN 46260
>> 317-850-0726 Phone
>> 317-582-1773 Fax
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 12:05 AM, Caryn Ann Harlos <
>> carynannharlos at gmail.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','carynannharlos at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>> Sam, I am a paralegal.  I don't take contracts lightly, and I have a
>>> huge problem with this NDA.  It is NOT a standard NDA as far as I can see.
>>> It doesn't say what you say.  I have signed a pretty basic NDA with LPCO.
>>> This goes beyond that.
>>>
>>> --
>>> *In Liberty,*
>>> *Caryn Ann Harlos*
>>> Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska,
>>> Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
>>> Harlos at LP.org
>>> Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
>>> <http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
>>> Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
>>> <http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/>
>>>
>>> On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Sam Goldstein <
>>> goldsteinatlarge at gmail.com

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>