[Lnc-business] Developing a regular process for funding Libertarian candidates and campaigns

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 09:48:53 EDT 2016

David,

This probably got lost among the noise but back at our last meeting, our
Chair suggested the creation of this committee.  It lit my fire, and
Joshua's.  We both agreed. We had been having on and off discussions
off-list about co-sponsoring a motion to create such a committee.  I
communicated that I could not co-sponsor, and in fact will oppose the
creation of any future committees without either one of the following:

1. A general default transparency policy
2. That committee voluntarily agreeing to transparency (though that is
problematic since future committee members are not bound)
3. A very good reason why that particular committee should be exempt
(example: the APRC, though I am not convinced that one should be, it is an
example of an exempt committee)

To work towards that end, I put forth my general default transparency
policy proposal.  It is a prerequisite for me to know how to proceed with
Joshua in making a proposal.

We are perilously close to re-introducing an entrenched culture of secrecy,
and I will oppose that.  The expediency of needing a committee now will not
cause me to sell institutional culture down the river (in my view - this is
not intended as an insult against those who have good faith
disagreements).  Just as the expediency of needing a contract didn't.

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/>