[Lnc-business] Could Gary Johnson Make A Video With His Responses To The Debate Questions?

Starchild sfdreamer at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 3 23:46:16 EDT 2016

Hi Maureen,

	Thank you for writing to the Libertarian National Committee. I think your suggestion is an excellent one, and I hope the Johnson/Weld campaign will pursue it. Of course the decision is theirs and the LNC has no direct say in the matter, but as a member of the Johnson/Weld Libertarian advisory board, I'll try to suggest it in our teleconference this Wednesday. I've brought up a similar idea about Johnson working with other alternative party candidates like Jill Stein of the Green Party to hold their own debate and answer questions live right outside the venues where the two-party cartel's exclusionary, anti-democratic debates are held and where media will be present, but my understanding is that candidates are required to agree not to participate in other debates as a condition of being allowed into the cartel debates, which Johnson still hopes to get into, and that stick being held over their heads may dissuade them from doing so. Personally I disagree with this strategy, as it lets the cartel-controlled Commission on Presidential Debates to string them along and prevent them from building independent momentum, while ultimately giving them nothing. But I can understand the hope of being allowed into the cartel debates and why a candidate in Gary's position might not want to do anything to jeopardize that. So your idea of that he simply answer the debate questions in an independent video might go over better.

	We can also lobby as individuals for open debates. There's a petition to open the debates here:

https://www.change.org/p/commission-on-presidential-debates-include-all-qualified-candidates-in-2016-presidential-debates

	The group Free And Equal (http://freeandequal.org/) is working to open the debates, as is Gary Johnson's Our America Initiative (https://www.fairdebates.com/).

	According to this site – https://theintercept.com/liveblogs/firstdebate/debate-commission-waits-until-last-minute-to-reveal-and-thank-its-corporate-donors/ – the sponsors of the cartel debates in 2016, which the establishment waited until just a few days ago to reveal, no doubt precisely to spare them from as much public pressure, are:

• The Anheuser-Busch companies
• the Howard G. Buffet Foundation
• the Kovler Fund
• Crowell and Moring
• AARP
• the National Governors Association

	I haven't yet looked up the contact info for all these groups, but they should be contacted with demands to withdraw their sponsorships. You can also call the CPD directly and leave a message for them at (202) 872-1020.

Love & Liberty,
                                   ((( starchild )))
At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
                                 (415) 625-FREE