[Lnc-business] Fwd: Miller radio ad

Daniel Hayes danielehayes at icloud.com
Fri Oct 14 22:30:40 EDT 2016

This afternoon I reached out to Lauren Daugherty, the campaign manager for the Mark Miller campaign to see if we could get the radio ad they were going to be sending over the airwaves. It should be attached.   Caryn, I think you will approve, at least for the reason that you know why I am mentioning this.  It's our joint peeve over candidates not including the L word.  If anything I think they went out of their way to include it.
It is my understanding that they did a $50,000 radio buy in the following markets: Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Waco, Corpus Christi, Lubbock, Odessa/Midland, Amarillo, Abilene, Beaumont/Port Arthur.

It is my understanding that the Mark Miller for Railroad Commissioner campaign has raised over $120,000 to date.  I am feeling very comfortable with our decision to invest in this campaign heavily, especially with Texas ballot access on the line.

I make it a point to keep tabs on this one because since Lauren is our Special Projects Director and Whitney is the Gulf Coast Coordinator for this campaign, I know they want to do their best to keep those roles separate and probably don't keep us up to speed on this important race as much as it possibly should be.  Texas Ballot access if lost would cost us $200,000-$500,000 to reacquire.   The main objective is to get 5% so we keep that ballot access and I think they are doing a good job to make sure that happens.  At the same time with the newspaper endorsements and the impressive amount of funds raised, it has me flirting with the fantasy of a major Libertarian win.  That said with the size of Texas and  60% of Texans voting straight ticket, it makes it a little harder to achieve.

In any event, I wanted to throw this out there for the LNC to see and say great job guys, and if anybody has a little extra mad donation money, think about Mark Miller for Railroad commissioner.

Daniel Hayes
LNC At Large Member

Begin forwarded message: