[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2016-15: Censure John Moore

William Redpath wredpath2 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 07:56:32 EDT 2016

I vote "Yes."  Bill Redpath
On Sat, 10/22/16, Alicia Mattson <agmattson at gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: [Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2016-15: Censure John Moore
 To: lnc-business at hq.lp.org
 Date: Saturday, October 22, 2016, 1:20 AM

 We have an
 electronic mail ballot.

 Votes are due to the LNC-Business list by October 31,
 2016
 at 11:59:59pm Pacific time.

 Co-Sponsors:  Harlos, Demarest, Hayes, Vohra,
 Starchild, Goldstein, Redpath

 Motion:

 Whereas Nevada Assemblyman John Moore, a former Republican
 who in January 2016 switched to the Libertarian Party while
 in office, has during the past month voted not once but
 twice in the span of as many days to raise taxes on his
 constituents, including a vote to support a "More
 Cops" tax which the Libertarian Party of Nevada has
 tirelessly and thus far successfully opposed, and a vote to
 provide a $750 million subsidy to finance a
 billionaire-owned sports stadium at the expense of, among
 others, indigent persons renting weekly rooms in motels;
 and

 Whereas the elected leaders of our state affiliate party in
 Nevada have rightfully voted to censure Assemblyman Moore
 for these egregious votes; and

 Whereas we wish to convey a strong message to all and sundry
 that while we welcome sitting legislators in the Republican
 or Democrat parties who decide to switch to the Libertarian
 Party as an act of conscience, we do not welcome them if
 they intend, as members of our party, to continue voting and
 acting like Republicans or Democrats;

 Therefore be it resolved that the Libertarian National
 Committee hereby censures Assemblyman Moore for his recent
 votes in support of tax increases, requests that he return
 the $10,000 campaign contribution which the LNC this season
 voted to send him, and admonishes him to henceforward be a
 better champion of the values held by members of the
 political party with which he has chosen to affiliate if he
 intends to remain a Libertarian.

 -Alicia

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----