[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2016-15: Censure John Moore

Ken Moellman ken.moellman at lpky.org
Mon Oct 31 09:11:37 EDT 2016

If there was discussion prior to the motion being made, then I was not
privy to that nor can I speak to it.

I do know that a bunch of votes were cast before we ever heard from
Assemblyman Moore. That is not in dispute. I'm actually pretty amazed
that Assemblyman Moore sent information to a jury that seems ready to
convict regardless of his input.

---
Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
LNC Region 3 Alternate Representative
LPKY Judicial Committee

On 2016-10-31 09:05, Caryn Ann Harlos wrote:

> [...]
> * I believe that the optics of a public censure are good internally within the party, but are horrible outside the party.
> * I believe this motion is more about making ourselves feel good rather than accomplishing something positive.
> * I believe we should we note what's happened, and take corrective action to try to prevent this from happening in the future.
> * I believe the current level of action taken by LPNV does not warrant LNC action, nor has LPNV asked for our involvement.
> * Most importantly, I believe the motion for censure is dangerous to the long-term health of this organization.
>
> Therefore, in my role as Region 3 Alternate, I vote Nay.
>
> If you disagree with my vote, and skipped to the bottom, I encourage you to go back to the beginning.
>
> ---
> Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
> LNC Region 3 Alternate Representative
> LPKY Judicial Committee
>
> On 2016-10-22 01:20, Alicia Mattson wrote:
>
> We have an electronic mail ballot.
> Votes are due to the LNC-Business list by October 31, 2016 at 11:59:59pm Pacific time.
>
> Co-Sponsors: Harlos, Demarest, Hayes, Vohra, Starchild, Goldstein, Redpath
>
> Motion:
>
> Whereas Nevada Assemblyman John Moore, a former Republican who in January 2016 switched to the Libertarian Party while in office, has during the past month voted not once but twice in the span of as many days to raise taxes on his constituents, including a vote to support a "More Cops" tax which the Libertarian Party of Nevada has tirelessly and thus far successfully opposed, and a vote to provide a $750 million subsidy to finance a billionaire-owned sports stadium at the expense of, among others, indigent persons renting weekly rooms in motels; and
>
> Whereas the elected leaders of our state affiliate party in Nevada have rightfully voted to censure Assemblyman Moore for these egregious votes; and
>
> Whereas we wish to convey a strong message to all and sundry that while we welcome sitting legislators in the Republican or Democrat parties who decide to switch to the Libertarian Party as an act of conscience, we do not welcome them if they intend, as members of our party, to continue voting and acting like Republicans or Democrats;
>
> Therefore be it resolved that the Libertarian National Committee hereby censures Assemblyman Moore for his recent votes in support of tax increases, requests that he return the $10,000 campaign contribution which the LNC this season voted to send him, and admonishes him to henceforward be a better champion of the values held by members of the political party with which he has chosen to affiliate if he intends to remain a Libertarian. -Alicia

IN LIBERTY,
CARYN ANN HARLOS
Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska,
Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) -
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado [4]
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus [5]

IN LIBERTY,
CARYN ANN HARLOS
Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska,
Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) -
Caryn.Ann. Harlos at LP.org
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado [4]
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus [5]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.lpcolorado.org/
[2] http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/