[Lnc-business] Facebook posting

Ken Moellman ken.moellman at lpky.org
Thu Dec 29 14:07:47 EST 2016

I don't know who posted what ... All I see is that it was posted there.
It wasn't meant to be personal.

I did mention it because I wish to start a conversation about the FB
page. There's a lot of conversation about the public image we put out
from our website. It's legitimate discussion, and it should be had. We
should always put our best foot forward, and have consistent branding
and marketing.

I think it would be worth considering the extension of similar policies
over to the Facebook page. And really, it should extend to any place
where any of us are speaking in our capacity as leaders in the party,
and especially any place where we speak as the party itself. Maybe there
should be a three-person gatekeeping process: before anything is posted,
2 other people review it for errors or omissions or whatever.

I'm open to ideas, but I seem to recall there have been several
incidents in the past that could have been completely avoided if we had
a gatekeeping process.

Just a thought, anyway.

---
Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
LNC Region 3 Alternate Representative
LPKY Judicial Committee

On 2016-12-29 13:50, Caryn Ann Harlos wrote:

> That was my post Ken. My mistake - it is in the Declaration. A tired mistake that is part of being human.
>
> That could have been posted by a Amy volunteer though. As a lead volunteer with the FB page can I ask that in the future this be addressed privately first?
>
> If one of my volunteers got publicly called out like this by an LNC member I would be pretty upset.
>
> I apologize for my error. I do know the difference.
>
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 11:46 AM Ken Moellman <ken.moellman at lpky.org> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone proof-read or verify Facebook posts before they get posted? The Constitution does not say any such thing.
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/libertarians/photos/a.10150126121157726.302978.5978057725/10154841606192726/?type=3 [1]
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
>> LNC Region 3 Alternate Representative