[Lnc-business] comment on costs and savings on I.T. projects - Re: LPedia

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:39:13 EST 2017

Hi everyone, Ken and I (primarily Ken - all due credit to his efforts
behind the scenes on this) are going to work on the appropriate motions.
Pretty much it is Ken, and he is running by me to be sure I don't see
something missing.

But we need to realize that LPedia is going away - from where it is now -
that is happening.  We can either save it or not. This is the best means to
save it with little to no efforts needed from staff.  The rest of the
questions are great - but they are right now irrelevant to the existential
question.  Those can be developed as we go, but we have to pull the trigger
on the existential question.  Or give up LPedia to someone else and lose a
great means to solve many problems and responsibilities such as historical
information that doesn't even really belong on a simply frozen archive site
discussed before, take control of preserving the vast history in the
psychical archives I inspected during our visit, and being good stewards of
our history going forward.  IOW, this is a gold mine to solve a lot of
nagging website objections I still have and many members still have.

So much has been wasted (over the years now I see with Starchild's input)
talking and not doing.  Ken did what I asked and beyond.  He found a great
solution.

Motions will be forthcoming.

Joshua did have the sum of it quite nicely.

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org/>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org/>