[Lnc-business] April LNC Meeting location

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:44:54 EST 2017

I just ran a search for my travel expenses and that of my alternate.  It
will cost an additional ~$500 for us to attend a Pittsburgh meeting if we
both came.  And the same for any other east coast area.  It it fair to
Region 1 and other west situated people to do this, precisely how?  Never
mind the distinct advantage of virtually ensuring that alternates from the
west can't come?  I am sorry but this is really unacceptable unequal burden
to place on some.

-Caryn Ann

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Whitney Bilyeu <whitneycb76 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Where did Houston rank on the list for April once you got the bids back?
>
> On Jan 16, 2017 9:38 AM, "Robert Kraus" <robert.kraus at lp.org> wrote:
>
>> As an FYI I have an agreement for Pittsburg and will send info on
>> reserving rooms by end of this week. I have also already notified other
>> properties that we no longer need them to hold rooms.
>>
>> Gun shot approach (multiple cities) usually not the best way to get
>> offers. In this case the Chair helped by narrowing the field which allowed
>> me to go back and get very much improved bids.
>>
>> The April meeting is early enough in the process to get feedback from you
>> all on cities to consider. I can then get bids based on those cities (and I
>> hope DC is included as we may have an opportunity for some "free" or almost
>> free space compliments of a member in NoVa).
>>
>> I can then proceed to get bids on the cities you all finalize and then
>> send a spreadsheet of the best options to you all for approval voting.
>>
>> Live Free!​​​​
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> Robert S. Kraus - Dir of Operations
>> Operations at LP.org
>> Libertarian National Committee
>> Ph: 202.333.0008 x 231
>>
>> Join today: https://www.lp.org/membership
>> LP FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/libertarians

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org>