[Lnc-business] Spreadsheet of data on potential LNC meeting locations

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:46:33 EST 2017

I want to see the issue of the self-funded LNC members (all of us) taken
into consideration.  I am quite alarmed to see a push for yet a third east
coast meeting.

-Caryn Ann

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Starchild <sfdreamer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Robert,
>
>         Nick suggests below the idea of you sending me your spreadsheet
> with the various meeting location data. Perhaps you can simply post it to
> the list, as I expect other LNC members will be interested to see it as
> well? Please include any meal or snack costs and descriptions, and any
> perks (e.g. free or reduced cost rooms) or other terms not already listed
> in the spreadsheet that would apply to our reserving the locations in
> question for an LNC meeting.
>
>         Have you or other staff discovered or received suggestions this
> term of any locations where the LNC could meet for free, or made any
> efforts to solicit such information?
>
> Love & Liberty,
>                                    ((( starchild )))
> At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
>                                 (415) 625-FREE
>

> > On Jan 16, 2017, at 6:52 AM, Nicholas Sarwark wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Starchild,
> >>
> >> Robert Kraus has a spreadsheet with all of the proposals broken down
> >> by city, room cost, A/V cost, staff travel cost, etc.  I'm sure he'd
> >> be happy to send it to you.
> >>
> >> Decisions on meeting location are up to the Chair unless the LNC
> >> decides to make that decision directly.  There have been instances in
> >> the past where the LNC has taken that authority and not been able to
> >> make a decision with enough time to get reasonably priced flights,
> >> etc.  Consensus is difficult in a group of our size and all meeting
> >> locations have pros and cons and will be an inconvenience to some
> >> members.  For example, Pittsburgh is a long flight for me and I will
> >> be in Pennsylvania just a couple of weeks prior, but the average
> >> flights to Pittsburgh are lower than Oklahoma City and the hotel costs
> >> for the meeting are significantly lower.
> >>
> >> I have not made an effort to solicit locations to the membership.  We
> >> have the dates set for the second meeting of 2017 and could do so
> >> and/or use a different method to choose the location.
> >>
> >> -Nick

> present this as if a decision has already been made. Isn't it up to the
> full LNC to decide where to meet? To be clear, I have no pre-existing
> objection to Pittsburgh or preference for another location. I am simply
> concerned about process.

> direct mail, website, LP News, Facebook, etc.) to let our membership know
> that we're looking for free or low-cost venues suitable for an LNC meeting?

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org>