[Lnc-business] Chair's Proposed Agenda - LNC Meeting April 15-16, 2017 in Pittsburgh, PA

Trent Somes tsomes3 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 21:56:35 EDT 2017

Nick, earlier I had requested time for the Special Committee, preferably on
the 15th, but I don't see it listed. Did I miss it somewhere?

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 1:09 PM Caryn Ann Harlos <carynannharlos at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nick I thought I sent something earlier but it never got sent - but is it
> possible to add
>
> *Lapsed member and renewal recruitment (10 minutes)*
>
> Also platform and Bylaws committee appointments but I am concerned about
> time and I have a procedural question - how are discussions on applicants
> conducted?  I had taken the opportunity to interview candidates about
> information not on the application - essential things like length of
> involvement in Party and familiarity with our documents over time  - and
> wanted to know when this information could be raised. I believe making
> recommendations on changes to our governing documents is extremely serious
> and requires a certain level of prior knowledge or involvement - certainly
> more than just months in the Party for one thing.
>
> We must have adequate time to do that process.  And I have to say - I
> learned much during my vetting process that was completely opaque to our
> application - if LNC members are not doing independent inquiries I do not
> see how we make educated choices unless we already know the applicants or
> they come with recommendations from persons with judgment we trust.
>
> -Caryn Ann
>

> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 8:05 AM Nicholas Sarwark <chair at lp.org> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>

> Attached is a proposed agenda for our upcoming LNC meeting.  If I
>
> missed anyone's agenda request, please email me.
>

> We have a relatively short meeting compared to our budget meeting (505
>
> minutes vs. 750 minutes). My hope is that will avoid staying late into
>
> the evening on Saturday and allow everyone the opportunity to adjourn
>
> reasonably early on Easter.
>

> If there are early services on Sunday that people wish to attend in
>
> Pittsburgh, we may be able to amend the agenda to have a later morning
>
> start time and still finish by lunch or shortly thereafter, but I
>
> didn't want to assume that at this point.
>

> Yours in liberty,
>
> Nick

*Trent Somes, III*
Region 5 Alternate, Libertarian National Committee
Founder, Westmoreland County Libertarians <http://fb.com/wclibertarians>
National Chair, Libertarian Youth Caucus <http://fb.com/LYCaucus>
Facebook <http://fb.com/trentsomes/> Twitter
<http://twitter.com/TrentSomes/> Instagram
<http://instagram.com/trentsomes/> Address <https://goo.gl/maps/gWqJw21CJZs>
Cell: (412) 496 - 8552 Home: (412) 646 - 1872