[Lnc-business] The costs of LNC meetings (e.g. $1000 for catered hotel food/beverages)

Starchild sfdreamer at earthlink.net
Tue May 2 20:45:18 EDT 2017

	Okay, but speaking of transparency Caryn Ann, we do not have transparency about LNC meeting costs. We typically find out the full breakdown of the costs of these meetings after the fact, if at all, rather than at the time we vote on locations (if we even vote, and a location is not simply selected for us by staff or the chair). That is another problem with our current procedures. I believe that if LNC members saw the costs upfront, and had an honest debate comparing various alternatives, we would probably save the party considerable money. It's easier to approve or ignore unjustified expenses when they are kept secret. I commend Daniel Hayes for being transparent in reporting the $1000 number in reference to the New Orleans meeting hotel prior to the conclusion of voting, but that has not been the norm.

	I was not saying a desire for safety at our meetings is unreasonable! I was questioning whether you'd really be safer in a hotel meeting room than meeting at a local restaurant where the room was free or much less expensive. Finally, it's true that I don't know your nudity preferences; I was simply making an educated guess. If I was wrong and you would prefer that we hold our meetings in the nude, please feel free to correct me.   :-)

Love & Liberty,
                                  ((( starchild )))
At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
                               (415) 625-FREE
                                 @StarchildSF