[Lnc-business] Request for assistance from Mark Wicks

Alicia Mattson agmattson at gmail.com
Wed May 10 02:07:08 EDT 2017

David,

What Joshua said.

I don't think either Nick or I are in a position to attest whether 6 days
is sufficient time for Mr. Wicks campaign to make use of the donation.
That seems more like a question for Mr. Wicks.  I have the same questions,
and I feel rather skeptical that $5k in the final 6 days can impact a
state-wide election where the opponents are spending $1.6 million.  Does he
have ads ready to go as soon as he can write the check?  Even if our motion
passes, it may take a couple of business days to get cash out of one bank
account and into the "available funds" of another account.

Yes, we can all vote in fewer than 10 days in some instances, as just
demonstrated.  In that instance, though, there weren't really any questions
to be asked/answered.  Here there are probably more questions that people
will want to ask and ponder before voting, so we'll have to wait and see
how quickly people are ready to vote.

-Alicia