[Lnc-business] Email Ballot 2017-10: Donation to the Mark Wicks campaign

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Fri May 19 12:16:44 EDT 2017

Wonderful.

-Caryn Ann

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Ken Moellman <lpky at mu-net.org> wrote:

> So the answer is, I broke it (on accident) but it works for most people.
> Only Yahoo whines.  I'll try to fix this on Sunday.  I'm totally booked
> until then.
>
> On the upside, the new system will only be about $5K per year and be able
> to co-host every state affiliate who chooses to use it.  Economies of
> scale!  Then our folks can spend less time fighting technology problems and
> more time doing outreach and candidate support!
>
> Also I'll fix (read: eliminate) the legacy hq.lp.org versus lp.org stuff,
> too. hq.lp.org will go away.  All of the xx.LP.org addresses are going
> away except CA and NY, and I would love to see them phase them out.
>
> ken
>
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 8:34 AM, Starchild <sfdreamer at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>

>> This is the email system for which we are paying – what was the figure
>> again, $8000 a year? Another pot of money that could be better spent being
>> donated to Mark Wicks or another Libertarian candidate or campaign, and we
>> could use a free Yahoo or Google list, like most of the email lists I'm on
>> which as far as I can tell don't seem to have as many problems as the LNC's
>> super-expensive email system does.
>>
>> Love & Liberty,
>>                                    ((( starchild )))
>> At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
>>                          RealReform at earthlink.net
>>                                  (415) 625-FREE
>>

>> On May 18, 2017, at 10:15 PM, Alicia Mattson wrote:
>>
>> Tim,
>>
>> I had not seen anything from you prior to this one which did make it.  So
>> I'll confirm receipt.  This one made it.
>>
>> The list can tell me when an email from AOL/Yahoo/Earthlink addresses
>> doesn't get distributed due to DMARC policies.  Those make it into the
>> archive, and I can forward them to the list.
>>
>> This issue is something completely different.  It happened to Tim once
>> before maybe a couple of weeks ago, and I thought perhaps it was a one-time
>> quirk.  But here it is again.  The nature of this sounds to me like
>> something that we might get from routing servers outside of our direct
>> control, but the fact that it has happened to the same person twice is
>> probably a clue for people that know more than I do about email routing....
>>
>> At least Tim gets some sort of notice back that there was a
>> problem...though if it happened while he was trying to vote close to the
>> deadline, he might not get the notification in time to let someone know he
>> was having posting trouble.
>>
>> -Alicia
>>

>> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:04 PM, Tim Hagan <timhagan-tyr at yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Apparently my vote did not go through. I keep getting "No mx record
>>> found for domain=hq.lp.org".
>>>

>>> Tim
>>>
>>> ------------------------------

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org>
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
*We defend your rights*
*And oppose the use of force*
*Taxation is theft*