[Lnc-business] [Lnc-votes] Email Ballot 2017-11: Military Members

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Sat May 20 23:47:20 EDT 2017

The intent of that clause is simply to restate our Platform.  Reading
anything more into it is not necessary.  Further I think the whole Accord
is grossly misunderstood at times- it is referring to end game statements -
it does not prohibit transitional statements which this must be interpreted
as since it has existed since 1974 during the time of the Accord.  If it is
interpreted as requiring a state that would violate the Accord and the SoP-
the Party is officially agnostic on that.

Many completely ignore the Accord.  Others make it mean prohibitions on
"things as they are now" statements - both are wrong.  The Accord is
embodied in the SoP.  The platform can and should morph and change but
shouldn't confuse people into purges which it presently does and is the one
thing I don't like about our Platform that I generally like pretty well.

However I do believe the Accord was purposefully attempted to be buried (by
some - certainly not all) in 2006 by not mirroring the SoP language on the
state and I believe that is a wrong that must be righted.  2006 caused a
terrible wound which would be easy to heal if people are truly interested
in unity.  We shall see.  I have awakened many people to this through my
activism.

The explicit parts of the Accord lead strongly a good faith adherence to
the implicit portions and that has not been done and I think it violates
the spirit of the SoP.  I think portions of 2006 could have been
successfully appealed to the JC and should have.  But absent that - we are
required by the SoP to interpret them not as ultimate sanction but as
potential transition,

This clause however reflects identical wording all the way back to 1974.
If we quoted a portion that I think was unjustly and divisively edited in
2006 (well the edits took place after that but I am simplifying here) I
would oppose as a conscientious objector.

This is not such a case.  Though I have had anti-anarchist purge-types try
to throw this plank at me but it just shows an absence of knowledge of
history.

-Caryn Ann