[Lnc-business] Fwd: Appreciation for new LNC page map showing regions and regional reps

Starchild sfdreamer at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 13 19:31:01 EDT 2017

	Thanks Wes. But deliberately making it difficult for people to reach someone in their state party because we're worried they might get too many contacts seems like a self-defeating approach! Better to have a few more random inquiries or what-not, I'd say, than to risk site visitors going away frustrated because they couldn't quickly find what they were looking for, and it was just too much bother at that moment to spend more time so it didn't get done. That missed contact could have been someone wishing to inquire about membership, making a major donation, a media inquiry, etc.

	Each state affiliate should of course be free to designate whomever they prefer as their state contact; it doesn't have to be the chair. So if a particular person doesn't want any additional emails, that shouldn't be a major issue. The important thing is to have a quick, easy way for people to reach Libertarians in their area, and not make the process more difficult than it needs to be. That is, if we're serious about wanting people to get in touch, and being perceived as having a user-friendly website.

	But I generally support a stronger committee system, so have no objection to the Affiliate Support Committee taking a greater role in making these kinds of decisions about the website, if you want to defer to them. If they'd like to actually poll the affiliates or something, even better!

	As for generating traffic to the state websites, I would suggest adding below the map on the State Affiliates page (https://www.lp.org/state-affiliates/) a sentence reading "Click on a state to visit that state party's website" could help in that regard.

Love & Liberty,

                                    ((( starchild )))
At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
                         RealReform at earthlink.net
                                 (415) 625-FREE
                                   @StarchildSF

P.S. – An equally high if not higher priority, I think, is getting contact info listed for the committee members listed on the LP Committees page (https://www.lp.org/lp-committees/). Currently Caryn Ann Harlos is the only one whose phone and email are listed, and unlike the state affiliates, the committee usually don't have their own websites where one can go and dig to find that info.