[Lnc-business] LNC Call to End the U.S. War in Yemen and Support House Concurrent Resolution 81

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:04:40 EDT 2017

I agree with Sam.  But I have further concerns.  It appeals to this law and
that as if a mere law would make it okay.

I don't support these kinds of detailed resolutions that do not introduce
libertarian reasons and prop up of the legitimacy of current laws.

I will not be supporting.

-Caryn Ann

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 1:01 PM Erin Adams <
erinadams at thefeldmanfoundation.org> wrote:

> So lets strengthen that part of the resolution, fix it to what it needs to
> be
>
> In Liberty,
> Erin Adams
> Director of Fundraising and Events
> The Feldman Foundation
> (405) 780-2791
>
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Whitney Bilyeu <whitneycb76 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have to agree with Sam...we are leaving the door open...or closing the
>> door, but opening a window....and quite frankly we would be saying that
>> "United States Armed Forces engaged in operations directed at Al Qaeda in
>> the Arabian Peninsula or associated forces" is acceptable to us.
>>
>> Whitney
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Sam Goldstein <
>> goldsteinatlarge at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I could not support this in the current form since it allows for US
>>> forces to remain in Yemen to engage in "operations directed at Al Qaeda
>>> in the Arabian Peninsula or associated forces"
>>>
>>> This is clearly in conflict with the party platform and I would never
>>> advocate the use of force except in the case of defense of the U.S.
>>>

>>> Sam Goldstein
>>> Libertarian National Committee
>>> Member at Large
>>> 8925 N Meridian St, Ste 101
>>> Indianapolis IN 46260
>>> 317-850-0726 <(317)%20850-0726> Phone
>>> 317-582-1773 <(317)%20582-1773> Fax

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org>
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
*We defend your rights*
*And oppose the use of force*
*Taxation is theft*