[Lnc-business] Resignation From LPF

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 21:37:50 EDT 2017

Oh yes because the LNC interfering in the autonomy of an affiliate worked
out SO WELL in the past.

I'm not eager to repeat Oregon.

And Florida has a representative.  He was elected to deal with the concerns
of that region and responded.

-Caryn Ann

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 6:45 PM Erin Adams <
erinadams at thefeldmanfoundation.org> wrote:

> I tend to agree with Mr. Katz on this.
>
> On Oct 23, 2017 7:40 PM, "Joshua Katz" <joshua.katz at lp.org> wrote:
>
>> The original email in this thread was from Mr. Stanton (whom I've never
>> met).  He accused a member of the LPF leadership, who is also a Libertarian
>> candidate (and whom I have also never met) of being a white supremacist
>> leader, and of making threats towards himself and others.  I have no way of
>> knowing if these accusations are true, but they most certainly are
>> disturbing if true - and the sorts of things I would expect the affiliate
>> to react to.  If they are true and the affiliate does not react, I would
>> expect this board to take action.
>>
>> Instead, the responses I've seen seem to combine shrugs with exhortations
>> that Mr. Stanton should deal with it himself, and some variation on "hey,
>> we're all on the same team, work together."  Again, I do not know if the
>> accusations are true, but if they are, then we are not, in fact, all on the
>> same team.  I am not on the same team as any white supremacist, or anyone
>> who thinks the use of threats and intimidation, together with violent white
>> supremacist and anti-semitic rhetoric, are acceptable ways of conducting
>> business.
>>
>> Such a pre-modern retreat to tribalism, to prejudice, to
>> anti-individualism, is the single largest threat to human freedom.  It is
>> the condition in which humans lived for quite some time, before
>> civilization made real freedom possible.  No party that stands for freedom
>> against all threats can tolerate those in its midst who would hold those
>> positions, let alone allowing those who advocate such positions to hold
>> leadership positions.  This cannot be a party that tolerates such things.
>> At the moment, I have no actual facts.  Furthermore, there is little we can
>> do - but little is not the same as nothing.  Let's get the facts.  The
>> response to such a statement cannot be "well, you figure it out."  That is
>> not leadership.  Nor should the response be immediate panic, or a rush to
>> judgment.  I would think the accusations are of such a nature, though, that
>> we'd want to know what is going on.
>>
>> Joshua A. Katz
>>
>> At-Large Representative,
>> Libertarian National Committee
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 8:54 PM, Paul Stanton <region7 at lpf.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Marcos,
>>>
>>> Due to the LPF Executive Committee's recent refusal to respond to
>>> threats targeting myself and others from Ryan Ramsey, a white
>>> supremacist leader, LPF county chair, LPF EC member, and candidate for
>>> Florida House, I hereby resign from all positions and membership within the
>>> Libertarian Party of Florida, as I can no longer in good faith continue
>>> to ask other Libertarians to support a party which allows its leaders to
>>> threaten and intimidate members while repeating violent white supremacist
>>> and anti-semitic rhetoric.

> [...]
Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org>
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
*We defend your rights*
*And oppose the use of force*
*Taxation is theft*