[Lnc-business] Budget meeting

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Sun Dec 3 13:07:33 EST 2017

Aren't the building targeted fund-raisers pretty successful?  I do hope
we have some planned.  Some people really like giving to that preferring
to invest in something they can touch.

--

IN LIBERTY,
CARYN ANN HARLOS

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
_We defend your rights_
_And oppose the use of force_
_Taxation is theft_

On 2017-12-03 10:31, Tim Hagan wrote:

> The draft 2018 budget that we were working on is attached in Excel and PDF formats. I deleted the worksheet for Total Salary since it contains the salary for each staff member, which we have always treated as confidential. Let me know if you want a copy of the confidential salary expenses sheet.
>
> The first worksheet, Operating Budget, is the budget to be considered. The amounts are calculated from the values on the Account Detail sheet.
>
> Note on the Operating Budget sheet, row 49, that the budget has a $155,064 net deficit.
>
> On the Account Detail sheet, many of the revenue numbers are based on the amounts raised in 2017. The draft assumes no growth in membership during the year.
>
> No targeted fundraising is planned for the Building Fund, so its budgeted revenue of $15,000 is based on 2016.
>
> Expenses were increased compared to previous years in the areas where contractors or staff have been hired for functional areas: Affiliate Development, Donor Renewal, Media Relations, Candidate Support & Training.
>
> ---
> Tim Hagan
> Treasurer, Libertarian National Committee
>
> On 2017-12-02 18:22, Joshua Katz wrote:
> I did not receive any reply indicating when the proposed budget would be available.  The meeting is now next week.  Is the EC's proposed budget available yet?
>
> [1]
> Virus-free. www.avast.com [2]
>
> Joshua A. Katz
>
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Joshua Katz <planning4liberty at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It appears (I just noticed last night; I thought our next meeting was in April) that we have a budget meeting in December.  Ahead of that, I wanted to ask if the EC had a timeline for the proposed budget.
>
> Last term, we held one or two teleconferences after we had the proposed budget.  I found those helpful, and would encourage us to do that again.  I don't know that they resolved much, but at least we knew going in where the flashpoints were.
>
> In any case, I'd appreciate knowing when we can expect the proposed budget so I can plan my time accordingly.
>
> Joshua A. Katz

Links:
------
[1]