[Lnc-business] Budget meeting

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Mon Dec 4 19:19:20 EST 2017

The LPCO has a couple that have often hosted fundraising parties and
have a beautiful and large home.  I have not approached them but this
could be an option for Denver.  I believe I could find some others as
well.

--

IN LIBERTY,
CARYN ANN HARLOS

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
_We defend your rights_
_And oppose the use of force_
_Taxation is theft_

On 2017-12-04 16:58, Lauren Daugherty wrote:

> I am posting to echo Whitney's observation. I also agree with Daniel that donors like options and different things appeal to different folks and that is a good thing. And I agree with Ken that ballot access is critical.
>
> 49 state ballot access is a harder sell to donors and members than 50 state (plus DC) ballot access. Major donors, whom we need to invest in a big way to make much of this happen, are not excited by "almost". They care about us setting solid, ambitious goals and then working hard to reach them.
>
> Tomorrow, I plan to send the LNC an update on fundraising.
>
> Also, given that the LNC is currently considering locations for the spring LNC meeting, please know that we have a donor in Charleston that has graciously offered to host a house party at his beautiful home overlooking Charleston harbor. This would be an excellent opportunity for an event the Friday before the LNC meeting, assuming he is available on the weekend chosen by the LNC. Of the cities discussed, I think we can do productive events at any of them but, from a fundraising perspective, Charleston and Los Angeles would be my top recommendations.
>
> ---
> Lauren Daugherty
> Head of Development
> Libertarian National Committee
>
> On 12/4/2017 5:24 PM, Whitney Bilyeu wrote:
> I had a donor tell me once that if we made extra payments, beyond what is required by the Weiner Rule, he would be reluctant to give for ballot access in the future.
>
> Whitney
>
> On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Ken Moellman <ken.moellman at lp.org> wrote:
>
> That's a different story.  Those interested who haven't heard can hear it for the price of one bourbon.
>
> PS. I'm bringing bourbon again.
>
> ---
> Ken C. Moellman, Jr.
> Libertarian National Committee
> Region 3 Alternate
>
> On 2017-12-04 17:18, Daniel Hayes wrote: That sounds like the sort of speech that would make someone reconsider a resignation.
>
> Daniel
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 4, 2017, at 3:25 PM, Ken Moellman <ken.moellman at lp.org> wrote:
>
> If we hit true 51 state access, then we will achieve something that's never been done by a "minor" party in history; therefore, I think it's actually a "big deal" for everyone.
>
> I support the HPC, and I think the project is important.  Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.  (And I think the name was my suggestion?)

> [...]

Links:
------
[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hi2dav_9dfwRURz4pv8K6wG5GDsJMYisc-83WW-jRfQ/edit?usp=sharing