[Lnc-business] Weather, flight cancellations to MSY

Alicia Mattson agmattson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 18:35:15 EST 2017

It seems that I won’t make it for this meeting.

The other airlines have also had to rebook passengers to NOLA, and flights
are full, leaving me spending a ton of money to still not arrive
until arrive Saturday night.  With the large number of other people on
standby, chances are high that I will not make one of the two standby
flights on my original airline, leaving me possibly stranded in another
city.   It does not seem prudent for me to fly into another city at
midnight and try to drive all night to get there for the meeting.

So I am getting a refund and heading home.  I was one of the few that got
into Dallas on the snowmageddon weekend back in 2013, but this one just
isn’t going to work out for me.

I don’t recall the last time I have missed an LNC meeting during the last
10 years, even while I was not serving on the body. I have never before
missed an in-person meeting as Secretary.  I am not happy about this, but
it doesn’t seem I can do much about it.

-Alicia