[Lnc-business] fundraising update

Lauren Daugherty lauren.daugherty at lp.org
Wed Dec 6 13:42:51 EST 2017

Hi all,

Here are some of the highlights pertaining to fundraising that are
included in my portion of the staff report.

The year is not yet complete but we now have 11 months of data that show
strong fundraising for 2017.

Comparing 2017 with other odd-numbered years, 2017 exceeds all of the
past 5 and exceeds the average of those 5 by 19%. This excludes bequest
and convention revenue.

When bequests are included in the years in which they were initially
received, 2017 again exceeds the past 5 odd-numbered years and exceeds
the average of those 5 by 28%.

With regard to convention revenues, we are far ahead of where we were 2
years ago. On December 6, 2015, we'd raised $13,996 towards the 2016
national convention. As of December 6, 2017, we've raised $101,579
towards the 2018 national convention. We are 7 months out from the
convention and we've already funded two-thirds of the 2018 convention,
which is expected to cost $157,000. It is also worth noting that this is
not a presidential election year and we were expecting a lower turn out
for this convention than the 2016 convention, yet the data so far
indicates that 2018 may far exceed those expectations. Hotel room sales
have also been very high, requiring multiple extensions of the agreement
between the hotel and the party.

Our membership dip has plateaued and membership numbers began to
increase in November. I credit this to two things: 1) Those who joined
during the height of the 2016 election but didn't feel a lasting
attachment to the party have now mostly lapsed. 2) We've been successful
in recruiting new members via social media and encouraging renewals with
membership promotions.

Respectfully,

Lauren

---