[Lnc-business] April LNC Meeting location

Nicholas Sarwark chair at lp.org
Mon Jan 16 09:52:18 EST 2017

Dear Starchild,

Robert Kraus has a spreadsheet with all of the proposals broken down
by city, room cost, A/V cost, staff travel cost, etc.  I'm sure he'd
be happy to send it to you.

Decisions on meeting location are up to the Chair unless the LNC
decides to make that decision directly.  There have been instances in
the past where the LNC has taken that authority and not been able to
make a decision with enough time to get reasonably priced flights,
etc.  Consensus is difficult in a group of our size and all meeting
locations have pros and cons and will be an inconvenience to some
members.  For example, Pittsburgh is a long flight for me and I will
be in Pennsylvania just a couple of weeks prior, but the average
flights to Pittsburgh are lower than Oklahoma City and the hotel costs
for the meeting are significantly lower.

I have not made an effort to solicit locations to the membership.  We
have the dates set for the second meeting of 2017 and could do so
and/or use a different method to choose the location.

-Nick