[Lnc-business] Discussion on LP records archives

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 13:05:48 EDT 2017

Hi Whitney,

Thanks for asking.  All of the initial budget will go to direct records
preservation (or any costs directly associated with that such as if some
software or electronic storage is needed) but I am anticipating it will go
to the direct scanning of prioritized records.  None has been spent at this
time as it is very difficult to set priorities until the records are
inventoried and organized (particularly those in the off-site storage).
Note that I have raised about $1,200 of that initial $5,000 already and
once things get opened to the membership I expect to raise more.  LPedia is
very close to being re-opened (we have a meeting about this tomorrow - we
are running into an issue with image re-scaling that we are dealing with -
and there is an off-chance we might need to move hosts).  So once this
initial planning is all done, a mass scanning project will ensue for which
that money is reserved, and I fully intend to keep raising for it.

-Caryn Ann