[Lnc-business] August LNC meeting

Wes Benedict wes.benedict at lp.org
Thu Mar 16 18:46:04 EDT 2017

A former LNC member set up a poll on polljunkie.com to help the LNC
decide before. If anyone would like to try that, perhaps it would help
you all decide where to have a meeting.

Here are results from that poll from a year ago:

http://polljunkie.com/poll/yqbizi/poll-2-please-do-not-open-the-page-and-then-not-vote/view

I do not decide where the meetings are. In fact, almost every specific
location I've proposed for many years has failed (and I'm not
offended--just pointing out a historical fact--definitely no one should
go buying tickets for Denver just because I floated that suggestion).

The LNC has the option to decide when and where the meetings are, and if
it doesn't exercise its option, the chair decides.

I'm mostly trying to facilitate a discussion to take advantage of the
offer by BetteRose Ryan (the Convention Committee Chair).

I think it would probably be helpful for people to answer the question,
"If the LNC meeting was in Denver, and if there was an all-day Friday
training about the convention, would you attend?" (That would mean you
probably need to arrive Thursday night or else real early Friday a.m.)

While it's possible a dozen or more people (LNC & non-LNC) might attend
that kind of training, it's conceivable that as few as 3 or 4 would. I
encourage you to speak up quickly so we can give good feedback to
BetteRose on whether you would attend something that Friday.

Wes Benedict, Executive Director
Libertarian National Committee, Inc.
1444 Duke St., Alexandria, VA 22314
(202) 333-0008 ext. 232, wes.benedict at lp.org