[Lnc-business] Membership Report

Caryn Ann Harlos carynannharlos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 18:36:04 EDT 2017

I've been working on it!  Though been slacking the past couple of weeks.

-Caryn Ann

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 4:16 PM David Demarest <dprattdemarest at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Patrick, I agree. Besides getting Laura Ebke reelected, the LPNE has made
> membership and voter registration our top priority.
>
> Thanks for the timely reminder!
>
> Thoughts?
>
> On Jun 2, 2017 2:24 PM, "Patrick McKnight" <
> patrick.joseph.mcknight at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear LNC Colleagues,
>>
>> If I am reading this report correctly the latest numbers don't look
>> particularly good. I'm especially concerned about the big uptick in lapsed
>> memberships. I know we have come to expect a decline after a presidential
>> election year but I want us to keep growing.
>>
>> Do we ever collect data on membership sentiment? For example, how often
>> do we gather data from members about what they like vs. would like to
>> change about the party?
>>
>> With all due respect, I think the LNC should spend more time focusing on
>> growing membership and registered voters. Our relentless philosophical
>> debates are exhausting and, in my opinion, often tangential to
>> our responsibilities as a committee. I find it a bit disconcerting there is
>> seldom even a comment on our membership reports.
>>
>> We should be capitalizing on the ongoing turmoil in DC to keep growing.
>> If we're not retaining members we're doing something wrong. It reflects
>> larger problems. I would like to figure out what we can do better to 1)
>> make members want to stay and 2) make new people want to join. I think if
>> we spent more of our effort addressing these issues our time would be spent
>> more productively.
>>

>> Thank you all for your hard work in defense of liberty,
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Patrick McKnight
>> Chair, NJLP
>> LNC - Region 8 Rep
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Robert Kraus <robert.kraus at lp.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The most recent membership report is attached.
>>>

>>> Live Free!​​​​
>>>

>>> *Robert*
>>>
>>> Robert S. Kraus - Dir of Operations
>>> Operations at LP.org
>>> Libertarian National Committee, Inc.
>>>
>>> 1444 Duke Street
>>>
>>> Alexandria, VA 22314
>>> Ph: 202.333.0008 x 231 <(202)%20333-0008>
>>>

>>> Join today: https://www.lp.org/membership
>>>
>>> LP FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/libertarians

Region 1 Representative, Libertarian National Committee (Alaska, Arizona,
Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Washington) - Caryn.Ann.
Harlos at LP.org <Caryn.Ann.Harlos at LP.org>
Communications Director, Libertarian Party of Colorado
<http://www.lpcolorado.org>
Colorado State Coordinator, Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
<http://www.lpradicalcaucus.org>
Chair, LP Historical Preservation Committee

A haiku to the Statement of Principles:
*We defend your rights*
*And oppose the use of force*
*Taxation is theft*