[Lnc-business] 2020 Convention comment Re: Jul Membership Report

Wes Benedict wes.benedict at lp.org
Fri Aug 11 14:08:43 EDT 2017

Here's the survey I would recommend the Convention Committee request the
LNC request staff to send:

The Libertarian Party is already busy working to select the location for
our 2020 National Presidential Nominating Convention. To help us make an
informed choice, we'd like some feedback from members like you.

1. Please rate the following cities regarding how desirable a location
they would be for a national convention, with 5 being desirable, and 1
being undesirable. These are not rankings, in other words, if you love
all of these options, you could rate them all 5's.

[   ] Chicago
[   ] Austin
[   ] Ft. Lauderdale
[   ] Phoenix
[   ] Reno
[   ] Atlanta
[   ] Birmingham
[   ] Manchester

(Note, this is not the actual list of cities being considered, though
some are and some aren't--it's just for example)

2. Hotel prices vary greatly depending on quality and location. "You get
what you pay for. " Assuming the party negotiates a good price at all
locations being considered, yet some locations are higher because they
are in a more expensive city or are a nicer hotel, how desirable would
the following prices be to you. Put a "5" for the price ranges you would
be comfortable paying. Put a "1" for the price ranges you feel are too
high, or too low.

[   ] $80-$99 per night (does not include taxes)
[   ] $100-$119 per night (does not include taxes)
[   ] $120-$139 per night (does not include taxes)
[   ] $140-$159 per night (does not include taxes)
[   ] $160-$179 per night (does not include taxes)

3. Please rate the following 5 potential dates for a convention. Put a
"5" if the date is especially desirable to you, and "1" if the date is
particularly undesirable to you.

[   ] Thursday, April 9 - Sunday, April 12
[   ] Thursday, May 7 - Sunday, May 10
[   ] Friday, May 22 - Monday, May 5 (Memorial Weekend)
[   ] Thursday, June 11 - Sunday, June 14

4. Critical events and decisions are made at our national conventions.
However, we try to balance the time given to various activities with the
burden of the time and cost to our members and delegates. Please
indicate your desirability for the following convention durations,
putting a "5" for the the time spans you find desirable, and lower
numbers for the time spans you find too long or too short.

[   ] 1 night and 2 days
[   ] 2 nights and 3 days
[   ] 3 nights and 4 days
[   ] 4 nights and 5 days
[   ] 5 nights and 6 days
[   ] 6 nights and 7 days

Thanks for your feedback. There are many factors that determine where
and when we have our national conventions. Not all locations are
available at all dates, and not all venues are the right size or
configuration for our national conventions. However, the information
above will help our hardworking group of Convention Committee members
pick the best location available.

Thanks for your interest in the 2020 Convention.

Now that we've got the 2020 survey out of the way, take a sneak peak at
our 2018 convention website <https://libertarianconvention.org/>and
register today.

Wes Benedict, Executive Director
Libertarian National Committee, Inc.