[Lnc-business] Motion to suspend Arvin Vohra

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Wed Jan 17 12:06:50 EST 2018

Since you start off mischaracterizing what I said, I decline.

Further none of that is relevant to the point at hand.  I think Alicia
pretty much took care of that cost benefit (to you) fallacy.

And I decline to use the state as a benchmark for anything.

-Caryn Ann

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 9:56 AM Arvin Vohra <votevohra at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Ms. Harlos,
>
> There is a range of views on statutory rape. Your view, which considers it
> essentially identical to first degree rape, is not one I agree with, or one
> that the law agrees with, or one that historical precedent agrees with. My
> view, that it is a matter for family and not the state, is also not one
> that the law agrees with. So let's settle this like good anarchists and use
> the state as a benchmark.
>
> I'll use your state as a benchmark (assuming you still live in Colorado),
> but apply the view that taxation is theft.
>
> To consider the currrent item under discussion, I'll use your state as a
> benchmark. 12 years of public school involves taking $120,000 from others,
> often against their direct wishes, over their objections, without their
> consent. Morally,  that's the equivalent of theft of that amount, which in
> Colorado carries jail of up to 12 years and a $750,000 fine.
>
> In colorado, an adult who has sex with a 15 year old faces no penalty.
>
> An adult who has sex with a 14 year old to whom her or she is marrried
> faces no penalty.
>
> An adult who has non-marital sex with a 14 year old faces 1-12 years in
> prison, and a $2000 to $500,000 fine.
>
> An adult who uses force, whether married or otherwise, faces first degree
> (not statutory) rape charges.
>
> -Arvin
>
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 7:58 PM, Caryn Ann Harlos <caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
> > wrote:
>
>> So...... to hell with the 14 year old.  It’s all about me and that’s how
>> I should present it to the world.
>>
>> Is it better she just voluntarily committ suicide?  That’s real cheap.
>>
>> I am as opposed to theft as you are.  It doesn’t mean that I view
>> everything as a math equation and think it just fine to say it’s better
>> something horrible happens to someone else.
>>
>> How about humans are not balance sheets?  That both SUCK and don’t need
>> to be quantified.
>>
>> How many rapes equal one theft?  How about theft of a penny? What
>> happened to proportionality?  Or being opposed to the transfer of misery.
>> WTAF.
>>
>> See how ruthless that is?
>>
>> THAT IS NOT OUR MESSAGE.  That might be a ruthless objectivism but the LP
>> split from that in its first years.
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 5:43 PM Arvin Vohra <votevohra at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all -
>>>
>>> Just to make sure people know my view on the issue that Caryn Ann
>>> brought up: I do consider forcing others to pay for your kids to be a
>>> nonconsensual act, completely morally unjustifiable.
>>>
>>> To put it in degree perspective:
>>>
>>> 1. It is done to a stranger.
>>> 2. There is no hint of consent.
>>> 3. There is often direct, vocal opposition.