[Lnc-business] Caryn Ann Harlos fundraising and membership recruitment

Caryn Ann Harlos caryn.ann.harlos at lp.org
Fri Feb 23 17:54:36 EST 2018

Joshua there is “moving forward” with my involvement on that.  I will
continue as I have always done - when at events for other reasons, I will
recruit.

The whole public insinuation regarding an separate committee when no
question was ever asked of me was wildly and inappropriately out of line.

Lest there be anyone who thinks it “odd” I ask Wes to send me the
membership shirts to use in recruitments - perhaps I have a little side
business going on “hey mister want a LP shirt on the cheap?” - and I am
sent recruiting materials.  When the most innocent comment is used to
publicly make a disparaging comment about someone who took on a challenge
to raise memberships, one can’t be too careful.

I have a humble request.  If anyone thinks something said is “odd” ask me
directly.

That’s normal courtesy.

With that, I would decline to even work with a private donor on this as I
have zero time for veiled character attacks.

And if anyone would like to shocked that I have membership recruitment
supplies and there are any wily plans for LP shirts, say so now and I’ll
ship them back.

Joshua, I appreciate your tone and reasonableness.  As this was something
sanctioned by people in the Party with authority to do so I am sure you
understand why it did not in a million years seem to be a conflict which by
nature is work NOT approved by the Party.

In the abundance then of caution I would like to disclose that I am Region
1 representative.  Of course that is by due process of the Party but so was
sending me in fundraising roles as far as I knew.

And I ask for consistency.  Then the Chair and Vice Chair should no longer
be sent either.

And that would be ridiculous.  I volunteered my time, my vacation time, and
my family time always to go above and beyond.    I’m a good recruiter and
offered those skills.

I am truly and deeply offended by the insinuation above.  Ask me questions
directly.

-Caryn Ann

     [1][4][5][4]wes.benedict at lp.org
               [2][5][6][5]facebook.com/libertarians @LPNational